The new competitive economy is increasingly based on its knowledge and diffusion, setting as a first necessity for every person the acquisition of basic IT skills and familiarity with Information & Communication Technologies. Given that the human factor is a strategic tool for businesses, ON LINE stands by employees, the unemployed and the self-employed, who need the necessary tools to increase efficiency and productivity in the workplace and in their daily lives, providing the necessary theoretical and mainly practical knowledge in a wide range of educational scenarios. ON LINE covers all your educational needs, through modern and asynchronous distance learning in the personal space of any candidate.
BRIEF PRESENTATION OF PLATFORM
The audiovisual conference and distance education system has the ability to implement distance education using special electronic means. More specifically, it enables the trainees to participate in the conduct of courses, which take place in a different place, through a real-time connection, having the opportunity to interact with other trainees and the lecturer / teacher and to share applications. The electronic asynchronous distance education system is implemented through the special, for this purpose, electronic portal E-leaming of ON LINE. This portal provides all the necessary functionality necessary for the design, organization and implementation of distance learning. This way you can repeat your training completely free of charge, for as many times as you want, during the period for which you are registered for the distance monitoring, in order to ensure the maximum possible assimilation of knowledge before taking the certification exams.
The platform has the following features:
- It does not require the physical presence of an instructor in the classroom.
- It does not require the trainee to be in a specific physical space. That is, he can attend the course wherever he is, provided he has the appropriate means, such as a computer with an Internet connection.
- The educational material available on the Internet undergoes upgrades, updates and additions so that it is always compatible with currentεκπαιδευτικές ανάγκες.
- Automatic registration of users and control of their access to the courses.
- Monitoring of users’ actions from the moment they enter the platform until the moment they leave the system.
- The trainee is trained from his field.
- Course modules are created, where educational material is stored in the form of books, assignments, questionnaires, audio and / or audiovisual material and many other formats.
- The teacher has a unique code and processes the educational material.
- The trainee has a unique code and attends classes at the hours set by the company.
- A follow-up report is available for the hours and dates concerned.
- Great flexibility in use by all
- It is possible – if the company so wishes – to store educational material in the form of books, assignments, questionnaires, audio and / or audiovisual material and many other formats.
The creation and management of courses is done centrally by the administrator and the instructor, depending on the rights granted by the administrator to the instructor. The platform has a wide range of activities and resources, which are used as modules of the courses created by the instructor.
- Questions: Each student can express a question by giving a title, description, keywords and receive an answer either from the existing ones, or if it is not covered by the already existing answers, receive a new answer from the teacher.
- Exercises: Submission by the student of the evaluation of the work done and assigned by the instructor and submission of the work itself.
- Books: The book is an educational material that is developed in multiple pages. It’s like reading a book online. The book can be divided into chapters and subchapters.
- Dialogues: Provides a simple method of communication between participants (students and educators). A student can open a dialogue with an instructor, the instructor in turn can open a dialogue with a student and it is possible to create a conversation between two or more students.
- Assignments or assignments: Submission of student assignments assigned to them by their instructor. Assignments enable the instructor to define a task that requires students to create a file and submit it by “uploading” it to the page. Common assignments include essays, assignments, reports, etc. This section includes scoring facilities and is therefore very easy to use.
- Laboratories: The Laboratory is a kind of evaluation with a huge range of options. It allows participants to evaluate each other’s work, as well as work models in many ways. It also coordinates the collection and distribution of these estimates in a variety of ways.
- Research: The student is given the opportunity through a standard research to express his / her opinion about the course, the teaching material or the teaching process. A number of reviewed surveys are provided that are useful in assessing and enhancing learning in the internet environment. Instructors can use this research to collect data from their students, which can help them better understand their classroom and the way they teach.
- Quiz: This is a form of test that the student must answer. The quiz can have different types of questions such as multiple choice, right-wrong and short-answer questions. The instructor can design and create tests, which contain multiple choice questions, right-wrong and questions with short answers. These questions are stored in a categorized database and can be reused in the course even between two courses. Quizzes also allow for multiple attempts. Each attempt is “marked” automatically and the student can choose whether to give help or whether to show the correct answer.
- Dictionaries / Glossary lists: You can create and maintain a list of definitions, such as a dictionary. Each course can have a basic and many secondary dictionaries. The student can use the dictionary defined by the instructor and is given the opportunity to search using keywords, alphabetical search, search by category and search by author. The student can be given the opportunity to contribute to the enrichment of the dictionary by registering entries
- Forums: Allows discussions between participants in a lesson. Each student can start a new discussion and can send messages to any discussion, as long as it is open to students. Discussion groups can be structured in different ways and include participants’ estimates for each message.
- Real-time Chats: The student can communicate directly with real-time participants in a lesson. It is possible to have multiple chats with a different topic in each lesson. Chats allow participants to have a synchronized chat in real time on the Internet. There can be many Chats for a course on various topics. The instructor can chat with his students and students with each other provided they are also online and have the same chat open.
- Calendar: It is a simple and compact means of monitoring the curriculum, system and users. When the user is logged in to the website then he has the ability to add a new event.
- Conference: A tool that allows the lecturer to be online Via a camera and watched by students. In this tool the presenter can allow the placement of the trainees and the questions from them, controlled, through a button, which indicates the intention of the trainee to ask a question. In addition there is live chat and file sharing with the presenter and among the trainees.
- Reports: Reports allow us to view logs of a course or the entire platform and report user actions. We can select the content and time period of the report or view the current report.
The courses are divided into 3 categories:
- “Weekly” format: the content of the course is organized in weeks, with a start and end date. Each week consists of activities, some of which can be extended to more than one week.
- “Thematic” format: the content of the course is organized by topic and there is no time limit.
- “Social” form: based on a Discussion Group. It can have many open discussion topics. Each message sent to a Discussion Group may contain links or attachments, but not activities.
NGENES Project by On Line Studies
www.ngenes.eu is an implementation of the erasmus program, the copyright of which belongs to On line Studies.
The implementation concerns GENETIC doctors and the way they are trained in 30 rare diseases.
Below you can see the educational presentation of Professor Nikos Marinakis.